This mosaic was commissioned in 2009 by a customer who wanted to give it to her sister and new husband as a wedding present, to symbolize
the joining of two paths. It is 300mm x 300mm and made with ceramic, Venetian smalti and gold leaf glass.
If you would like to commission me to make a mosaic for you, this is how it works:
1. Contact me by email to give me an idea of what it is you want (a picture, a mural mosaic, bathroom shower mosaic, patio, garden paving stone or mosaic sculpture, fireplace surround ....etc)
2. Tell me how big you would like the mosaic, and if your require a visit to assess the space. Often a mosaic can be made from my studio and installed when complete.
3. I will give you an approximate price and give you an idea of how long it will take.
4. A contract will be drawn up which gives all details of the commission.
5. I will provide you with several coloured designs/drawings either by email or sent by post or delivered in person (site visits).
6. You will have the opportunity to accept designs, to offer suggestions for alteration, or at this point if you decide to pull out of the commission you are required to pay the design fee.
7. The first part of the fee is then paid before the work begins. (It is split into two or three parts depending on the size of the commission)
8. Work will begin on the commission.
9. I will keep you up to date at any time you like with how the commission is progressing, with photographs sent by email or post.
10. On a large commission, the second part of the fee will be required half way through the work.
11. On completion (installation or delivery) of the work the final part of the payment will be required.
It depends how complex the design is but but here is a rough idea of costs:
Mosaic glass and ceramic, and stained glass: from £1,500 a square metre.
Smalti, gold leaf and coloured mirror glass: from £2,500 a square metre.